Before Hiring a Business Lawyer Understand the Difference
Many business lawyers take a “one-size fits all” approach with their clients; they do this so they can work with as many people as possible in a short period of time. One problem is you receive an impersonal experience; but even worse than that, this type of planning can lead to unintended results in the long run for your business.
When lawyers do not take the time to inquire, listen, understand and truly consider your businesses individual circumstances, the result is that your business documents and model does not end up reflecting what’s very best for the structure and ultimately growth of your business.
So even though you may pay less up front to get a standard set of documents or corporate set up, you lose money in the long run.
GP Schoemakers, PLLC is right for you if you want a trusted advisor to turn to for the life of business,
- to help you with ensuring you have the right business model in place and can navigate to a new one, if you don’t,
- to help you with getting the right agreements in place with vendors, team members, investors, partners and others,
- to help you explore potential opportunities,
- to evaluate insurance buying decisions, asset protection planning choices, and tax saving strategies,
- to keep you out of trouble and respond when you get too close to the edge. If that’s what you want, we just might be the right law practice for you.
Here are some of the ways we are different from most traditional business planning lawyers:
- All of our fees are fixed fees agreed to in advance, so there are no surprises. At our initial meeting you will choose the level of planning and fee that works best for your business, so there will never be any surprises.
- We are proactive advisors who check in with you and your business on a regular basis so we can put our legal minds to work to help you grow your business, helping you take the best-calculated risks so you can receive the biggest rewards. We don’t just prepare a set of legal documents for you and send you on your way until something happens.
- We meet with you at least quarterly via our Business Growth Membership program. We foster a lifetime, ongoing relationship with our clients so we can guide you through all of your business’ stages – preparing your business for succession or sale and always focused on helping you get to the next level. Throughout the life of your business, things change. You change; your assets change; your business changes; the law will definitely change. We are here to help you navigate those changes.
- We have a whole team in place to answer your quick questions and to make the legal
- process incredibly easy and painless for you and your business. You never have to worry about unreturned phone calls or endless games of phone tag.
- We help you get your legal and financial house in order by helping you make smart choices about things like buying insurance, selling your business, retirement planning so you never spend more than you have to or get taken advantage of by unscrupulous sales people who see your business as a cash cow for them.
- Legacy Planning. We believe that your business is here to last and we want to help make sure that’s the case. Your work is meaningful and we will work with you to keep it that way.
Get started with a LIFT Foundation Audit or LIFT Start-Up Session
The LIFT Foundation Audit is designed to help us understand where your business is now, where it’s going in the future and what the gaps are that could keep you from getting there. We can help you get where you want to be in just three easy steps.
Step 1: Make an Appointment
Schedule an LIFT Foundation Audit with Gratia. Don’t worry, there is no pressure during your appointment and no obligation after it. The sole purpose of this session is to help you get educated and to make sure all your questions get answered.
Step 2: Complete The LIFT Foundation Audit Worksheet
As soon as you schedule your LIFT Foundation Audit Session, we’ll send you an LIFT Foundation Audit Worksheet. We ask that you fill it out and return it to us at least three days in advance of your appointment. The worksheet – a completely confidential questionnaire – is designed to help you focus in on the important legal and financial information necessary to get your business in order. Completing this “homework” before your appointment will ensure your time with Gratia is as productive as possible and will have you feeling more organized and put together than you have felt in a long time. Maybe ever.
Step 3: Attend your LIFT Foundation Audit Session
During the Session, Gratia will walk you through “what would happen” to all that you own and everyone you love, if anything were to happen to you now. Gratia will help you go over all Legal, Insurance, Financial and Tax aspects of your business and help you identify any potential problems.
That’s all there is to it!
Congratulations. Just by taking these simple steps you are giving your business (and yourself) one of the best gifts you can ever give: assurance and peace of mind.
Please read “How We Are Different” for an overview of what makes us unique among estate planning law firms.
If after reading “How We Are Different,” you discover you are looking for a one-shot transaction rather than a lawyer who provides a lifetime of guidance and counsel, guarantees your plan will protect your family just as you intend at the time of your death or incapacity, and is there for you and your family throughout your lifetime, then please don’t make an appointment with us. We will be glad, however, to refer you to a number of lawyers we know who operate on a transactional basis.
If, on the other hand, after reading “How We Are Different,” you are ready to embark on a lifetime relationship with a business lawyer who will help you plan for a life of success and prosperity and ensure the protection of your wealth and your family, please contact us for more information about our unique programs,or schedule your personal LIFT Start-up Session or LIFT Foundation Audit Session online.
We look forward to knowing you and caring for your business and family soon.
GP Schoemakers, PLLC focus their practice on Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts of all degrees of complexity, Trust, Estate, Probate Administration & Business Entity Formation. They are also available to assist with Uncontested Divorces and Mediation. They serve clients throughout the greater Houston area, including, but not limited to League City, Webster, Clear Lake, Alvin, Dickinson, Pearland, Angleton, Houston, Bellaire, West University, Sugar Land, Missouri City, Richmond, Rosenberg, Katy, Cypress, The Woodlands, Kingwood and throughout Harris County, Fort Bend County, Montgomery County, Brazoria County and Galveston County.