Having a Will Alone Simply Does Not Ensure the Care of Your Kids If the Unthinkable Happens to You!
If you are a family with young children, then your estate plan should begin with a foundation that ensures your children would always be taken care of, no matter what happens.
At GP Schoemakers, PLLC, one of our areas of greatest expertise is planning for and protecting your children.
Have you ever wondered what Would Happen to Your Kids if the Unthinkable Happened to You?
Without proper planning, if the unthinkable happens to you, here’s what could happen:
Your children could be placed into Child Protective Services (CPS) even if you have a will in place; even if you have a living trust while your legal documents or located or your family is identified. Or worse, your kids could be left in the care of the one person in your family you would never want raising them.
- A Judge who doesn’t know you, or your family, will decide who will raise your kids, even if it’s the last person you would ever want;
- Approximately 5% of the total value of your assets could be lost due to probate, a court process that can tie up your assets for months or years and deprive your kids of the resources they need to live comfortably;
- When your kids turn 18, they get a check for whatever assets are left – outright with no protection
- There are unscrupulous people who make it their business to review public records to find out what 18 year olds are coming into money;
- The vast majority of estate planning attorneys simply does not address these issues, and do not plan from a parent’s perspective.
Yes, these things scare us too. We have dedicated our life’s work to make sure these things don’t happen to your kids! That’s why we offer a Kids Protection Plan with every estate plan we do for families with young children.
What is a Kids Protection Plan®?
A Kids Protection Plan® is a set of instructions, legal documents and even an ID card for your wallet, which you need to have if you have kids at home who count on you for their well-being and care.
If you are in an accident, your Kids Protection Plan® will make sure your children are never taken into the custody of Child Protective Services, strangers or the care of anyone you wouldn’t want because the authorities don’t have clear instructions from you. And your Kids Protection Plan® will ensure your children are raised by people you choose, not someone chosen by a Judge who doesn’t know you.
To get started with your Kids Protection Plan®, contact us today!
Did you know that 69% of parents have not yet named guardians for their kids?
Of those who have, most have made one of
Did you know that 69% of parents have not yet named guardians for their kids?Of those who have, most have made one of 6 common mistakes when naming guardians.
To get a FREE REPORT on the 6 common mistakes most parents (and their lawyers!) make when naming guardians.
Enter your name and best email here to discover the 6 mistakes and how to fix them if you’ve made them
We will never rent, sell, trade, or share your info with anyone.
Don’t let this happen to your family!